Monday, April 6, 2015

Looking forward to Genealogy Jamboree 2015!

I had a great time in Burbank at Genealogy Jamboree 2013, put on by the Southern California Genealogical Society. Last year I didn't reserve my room in time and the hotel overbooked, and so I decided that it was a good year to save the money and go to a different event.

I didn't make the same mistake this year. I booked my room for Genealogy Jamboree 2015 as soon as the block was announced, and I have all of my plans made.

I am headed in Wednesday night so I can be there bright and early for the Genetic Genealogy Day Plus! on Thursday. I am leaving Saturday night and skipping Sunday for three reasons: (1) to save a little money; (2) I will be brain dead by Sunday anyway; and (3) I have a busy day planned for Monday.

For the past week or so they have been revising the schedule, I assume to move all of the programs that I want to attend to Sunday, now that I am locked into the travel plans.

Last time around I tweeted using the official hashtag and they displayed it on a monitor, which was cool, so I will likely do so again but with the full blog treatment.  I will try to post a picture of them showing the tweet, which I can do as a sort of recursive thing where the picture is of the link to the picture.

This year I have also taken off the few days leading up to the conference, with the intention of letting me get organized. Maybe it will work.