Thursday, May 14, 2015

Perils of Blogging While Being A Busy Professional

Years ago, I had a regular blog and I had no trouble with keeping it timely and topical. So when I decided to create a genealogy blog, I thought that it would be pretty easy to keep up a nice, breezy blog.

Unfortunately, it hasn't been as simple this time around for a couple of reasons. 

First, for some reason I come home from work more tired these days, and I seem to take naps on weekends. 

Second, there are so many good genealogy blogs that it is hard to think of topical things that aren't covered in far more and better detail elsewhere.

Finally, a lot of the content that I want to include is substantive, and requires a level of rigor in writing that I didn't need to provide before.

Hence, I have fallen behind my self-imposed schedule of posting.  However, I am not giving up, as I have two entries in partial draft stage that I hope to get online before the end of the month.

More to come soon.