Sunday, June 7, 2015

Back From Jamboree

I flew back home last night, missing the final day of Jamboree. I was right - I was already brain-dead and I slept for many hours upon getting home.

Sadly, the purchase of a few books this weekend has caused a bookcase crisis at home - I need to remove something to fit the new materials on the shelves.  This means one of two things: (1) taking one aspect of my multi-faceted personality and boxing it up for a while; or (2) pruning those things and boxing up a portion of them.

Neither is a pleasant thought, although inevitable.  The best, although most time consuming, may be the second option.

You may wonder why I just don't add a bookcase. Well, there is no room for one.  I could remove one of the DVD shelves, but that just creates another whole angsty-thing (I already have half of my anime collection in storage, and the Doctor Who collection is itself in a crisis state-the spin off series may need a new home).

Another solution is to offload stuff to my chambers (office), but that is already over-crowded since relocating to Oakland.

As I have been writing this, I have been taking breaks to stare at the books. I have resisted the urge to pick them up and start reading (a danger for me of organizing anything).

However, I think it is past time to write and to start organizing.