Friday, July 3, 2015

Problems with Heredis



I started working with Heredis last week, and I encountered a few hiccups and then I ran into a major catastrophe.

There are a number of things that are non-obvious when using the program, and answers are deeply buried in help files, etc.  For example, try putting in "McCue" and you'll see what I mean. (There is a manual override switch hidden in there.)

I spent so much time working my way past those issues that I didn't immediately notice that LOTS of people were disattached from their relatives! Parent-child relationships were missing all over the place from my tree - imported from a GEDCOM file. Sometimes people are missing one parent, sometimes both.  It is a mess.

I am going to try again from a nice, clean GEDCOM and see what is happening.  

Until then, I cannot recommend using Heredis if you are going to do a GEDCOM import.