Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I love GRIP!

I am away at the Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP) for a one week institute entitled "Tracing Your Eastern European Roots."

This is my first week-long institute, and I think that I am hooked.

I would have posted this yesterday or the day before, but through a series of unfortunate temporary missteps on my part I was unable to get this up.

We have about 150 genealogists studying in six courses. This is a new course for GRIP, as I understand it, and so I wanted to take advantage of it. It is tough to find good genealogical trainings related to Eastern Europe.

We are meeting on the campus of La Roche College in north Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I am actually staying in a dorm room, by myself, using a laptop attached to an Ethernet cable - no wifi, no decent 4G coverage. I am eating in a college cafeteria.

Anyone who has known me for a long time will know that this is pretty much my idea of heaven...genealogy on a college campus! Give me a TV, my clothes, and a car, and I could live here

Just kidding! I miss Cynthia and the pets too much for that. (Of course, Cynthia and I did live in student housing when we first got together...)